15 June 2009

Crafty comeback!

Woohoo! My crafty mojo is definitely back - I have a hard time finding enough hours for all the stuff I want to make right now... Mostly, it has to do with Barbies and fulfilling little H's wishes, but I'm also xs'ing into the dark hours of the night.

I've even got my new camera now, so I can show you some of what I've been up to! First off, my Barbie (from now on called Emma, just so there will be no confusion as to whose dolls I'm creating for here - no need to pretend) in her brand new outfit. A girl's got to have a nice formfitting cotton dress now in the summer for sightseeing and such, and of course a new handbag is necessary as well.


Credits: Background - my own pond in the garden, an hour ago. Dress pattern: from Barbiebasics (Lynne Sears) Handbag pattern: Entirely my own, just crochet in the round or something, and play around until you get the right shape (or comment here, if you want to know specifics) and make a chain of stitches so the doll in question can hang the finished handbag over her shoulder.

Other than that - I discovered the Twilight saga, that's why I've been away for so long now. I just HAD to see what all the fuzz was all about, read the first one and very soon realized I had to know what happened next - so of course I took myself down to the bookshop and bought the rest of them (in English, of course). I think the last one took me two days, the others a day each (ah the joys of being on holiday when the kid's in school). I had no idea you were "allowed" to write words like hadn't've - I was always told to only use one short form at the time... The times they are a'changing, aren't they.

My L&L Santa is coming along, but so far I only have a sleeve to show, so I don't. I will post pics when it's actually possible to see more than red, though. :)

I've got myself a summer job! Yay! At least we won't go bancrupt _this_ summer - I don't know about the next, I'll probably have to go to Norway and work a little (it's better paid) to afford some kind of a holiday next summer. I will be doing days for two weeks, and then I'll be working the night shift for three weeks after that. And then it's back to school again... I try to prepare for the autumn term by reading about viruses and bacteria, but I keep falling asleep... Any ideas how to stay awake? I won't be taking *that* book for the night shifts, that's for sure!

Oh my what a long post this turned out to be! And I haven't even told you about all the cardboard boxes everywhere - we're moving in 2 weeks! Yikes! - or that we've chosen the wallpapers for the house we're building! Ah well, that will be an other blog post. Gotta save some for a rainy day! :)

Lots of love,

1 comment:

AdronsCatherine said...

Wow! You've really been busy! I've recently started crafting again, too. It feels great to be back in the swing of things, doesn't it?

Congratulations on being so close to moving! I can't believe how fast houses are built over there - here, it's a H-U-G-E ordeal that takes many, many months. Maybe someone should show the silly American contractors how it's done!

I want to apologize for being such a horrible friend... I'm following your blog, but for some reason, your last few posts haven't shown up on my reading list :o( Don't they know I rely on that to know what's going on??? LOL!

Take care, girlie - you should take the Twilight books with you, but I wouldn't suggest New Moon unless you really want people to see you crying at work... ;o)