13 January 2011

HPKCHC

The dreaded thesis has been sent in. So, I suddenly found myself with time on my hands again! What a marvellous feeling, I got all fiddly and nervous and started fondling ALL of my stash. And believe me, there is some stash to fondle here in my office...

I ended up in the yarn box, with a couple of knitting needles at the ready, but with absolutely no idea what to knit. Ravelry to the rescue! And, speaking of Harry Potter's new adventures on the silver screen, there incidentally exists such a thing as a group of people on Ravelry that are all "wizarding and witching" about, you even get sorted into a house, and there's Quidditch and Potions classes and, and, and... Of course I had to join the madness, and I am proud to say my local yarn shop has seen me twice in the past 13 days, and I have used the yarn as well. I've turned in homework for two classes (Flying and Transfiguration) so far, I have a third homework done (Defense against the Dark Arts, or DADA for short) and I don't think I've had it yet for this month. After all, we're only halfway through!

I seriously hope this DOESN'T mean I have lost the xs-mojo, but that I will find it again one day. I have way too much xs stash to stitch from before giving it up, but I also know that I am a serial crafter - I spend a certain amount of time with one craft, and when I have had it for now, I move on to another craft. And it's a circle, seeing as I don't do much crafting other than knit, stitch, sew and think. Yes, I have a bunch of beads and jewellery stuff as well, but that was a very quick phase. I didn't like it that much, I like jewellery but not the fiddling.

Do you want pictures, you say? Oh well, you don't have to twist my arm, I'll show you. (One of the requirements at the Harry Potter Knit and Crochet House Cup = HPKCHC is that you turn in your homework with a picture, so I actually have to take pics of my stuff. Neat.)
A hat for my friend's son, beautifully modeled by my dear daughter - she decided a tiny smile was in order when the subject wasn't her, but the hat she was wearing. Try to get a decent photo of _her_, and you will fail.
A strange, google-eyed picture of me modeling Renesmees hat, so called because the cable on it is the same one used on Bella's mittens (google it, and you will, amongst other things, find a knitting pattern). I have no idea why the pic ended up sideways, it looked alright in my computer... I don't know who will wear it, so wishes will be accepted ;)

I'll probably be knitting quite a lot for a while, we're on the last 6 months of nursing school now - I can't believe I will be a registered nurse this summer! The mere idea of letting me out into the world on unsuspecting patients is a little daunting - what if I don't get a job? What if noone wants me and I end up unemployed? What if I screw this up?

To be continued...

No comments: