18 November 2009

Huge mortgage coming up...

Things have finally started to happen to our new house; today I made the call to the bank so our bank-person, Karin, could issue the papers to the builders so they can feel assured that we are for real. We are talking big bucks here, our mortgage will be at a hefty 2,4 million SEK - that's a LOT for this area, but at least we'll get a brand spanking new house, exactly the way we want it, and we don't have to do anything to it for at least 10 years. Unless we really want to, of course, but that would be purely recreational, not necessary in any way. Although I can actually see us putting up new wallpaper here and there before then, but I digress.

On Friday I will be quite busy - originally I'd planned on attending a lecture on pain and care of it, but now I'll be staying at home in the morning. Why, you may wonder? Well, we have a meeting with the planning committee, so that we can actually build the house the way we plan to. We don't actually have the permits necessary to start digging on the plot, we haven't actually bought the plot yet either, and even though it's just a formality at this stage, it feels a bit strange that our house will be delivered to the plot in less than a month and we have... nothing. According to the "plot office" (I have no idea what that would be in English) everything happens automatically once we've been to the planning meeting, so I'm betting all my money on that.
Right before that meeting, I'll pick up the paperwork from the bank, and afterwards it's back home, quick change of clothes, get in the car, pick up T at home, and then we're off to see New Moon and do some shopping! As it turns out, we're not actually going to the premiere, because that would be at midnight/Friday morning, but I'm excited none the less! T & I will be taking a small shopping round, I plan on getting little H new ballet shoes, and then we'll meet up with the others for dinner out before going to the movie.

The way I blabber about it, it sound like I haven't been out for years - and I haven't. Sad, huh? Oh well, I plan to make up for it eventually, it hasn't exactly been my first priority the last 10 years...
Gotta go read about hypertension and stroke care now, lots of love!


1 comment:

AdronsCatherine said...

Sounds like a crazy time for you! I'm glad things are moving along - I hate being in limbo!!!

Enjoy the movie :o) I'm not going to get to see it for a while. Sighhhhhhh....