15 May 2008

Life is a rollercoaster...

You just gotta ride it! (to quote a rather famous song)

I've been on such highs and lows these past three days, I can hardly believe it myself. Persons in the company's leading team using foul language about employees - to their face! - and saying what's been agreed and signed on, no longer is valid. Computers acting up like crazy. People not telling us that they don't have the time to ship to our customers until it is too late - so we've basically been lying to our customers for two days about the delivery date! People not being at their desk, so I get stuck with all customer calls, invoicing, orders and purchasing - I've hardly had the time to breathe! I wonder how the h*** the company is supposed to survive if three more people in the office are supposed to quit, not to mention how we're supposed to manage production with 7 people less down there...

My prediction? What will be left here in three years, is the production facility, production manager, purchasing of raw material and goods in/out. No economy department, no sales department, no R&D department... These days I'm rather happy I will be going to school this autumn instead of working here, because this is unbearable much longer. There's no spunk left in people, and the spiral is only going down...

And then again, we've laughed so hard we cried, hugged eachother and said nice things to eachother... We're going to see yet another house the coming Monday, but I can't really seem to get up the excitement about it - I'm a bit tired it seems.

Life is truly a rollercoaster!

1 comment:

patternnuts said...

Hang in there Anne. :)
And I am just an IM or email away if you need to talk.