13 March 2008

busy bee

I've been a busy bee lately - stitching the nights away, and then there was the finishing to do as well. I'll post the pics tomorrow; there's too little light now to get photos that actually show what you can see :)

I'm taking Hannah with me on a short easter break at my folks' place tomorrow - and will get back home on Tuesday. Of course I'll be taking a small project with me, but it's a secret one... ;)

Then it's the funeral on wednesday the 19th. No kids are allowed, so H will be in daycare while we're in church. I won't be singing this time; everybody "forgot" about it when they were to see the reverend and decide on everything, so I'll actually be listening to someone else this time. I look forward to that part, it's the sadness I have problems with... Especially when parts of the family don't want to talk about the fact that they are grieving, because it makes them sad! I only hope they feel they can let go at least for a little while at the service...

Hubby found this for me, and oh how true it is...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My condolences on the loss of your hubby's grandmother. A family loss is always tough to deal with. *hug*

Anne R said...

Thank you for your sentiment, Jenna. It's kind of strange trying to imagine her not being there, but on the other hand she wasn't exactly young any more, and her health has been failing for years. So I knew it was coming, but as I said, it's of course harder for hubby's family as grandma has always been there... It's strange when a generation starts to disappear...