22 January 2008

Startitis and WIP-list

I'm experiencing severe startitis at the moment - can't seem to settle on any one project these days... So here's my list, to try and organize my head!


WIPs:
1. Caro's stitch SAL (http://tites-croix-de-caro.over-blog.com/) - trying to find a suitable swedish or norwegian quote in stead of the french one, so it's currently not being stitched

2. Angela's little something - needs finishing somehow. I made a huge boo-boo when I began the finishing, so I ended up with practically NO seam allowance. Pondering on how to fix that - or I'll just start over with more seam allowance.

3. BeGlad stitching pouch (http://swappons.oldiblog.com/) for myself, started 21st of January 2008. I want it to end up kind of like this:
I've started it on white 16-count Aida with 498 for the borders, but haven't decided on more colors yet. Will see when I get there...


To be started:
VIP: My sister's christmas table cloth. I've actually marked out the center and made a couple of starting stitches, but it's a HUGE prickly linen fabric so I have doubts about taking it into the living room, where I usually stitch. Any ideas? I haven't made any promises about when it should be finished, but I was kind of hoping she could use it next christmas. I've only had it for a year...

A birth sampler for my brother's new baby. It's due 23rd of February, so the date is rapidly closing in... Still haven't decided what to stitch, though... An EMS animal baby?

A bourse for my sister; she saw my mum's bourse
and very quickly decided she wanted one too. It would've been a quick fix if I wasn't always striving to improve on stuff - I'm thinking of making a channel for the ribbons, so you can lay it completely flat and still get the best "fold-up" where nothing slips under the ribbons.
And that's why I've been completely hung up on fabrics lately - I've been shopping half a metre of this and half a metre of that for two months now, so my fabric stash is huge now compared to last January... But I actually think I found the perfect fabric for my sis last wednesday, when I was in Gothenburg with work. (Got a couple of hours free time - spent shopping, of course!)


Edit: I got some help on the html-link stuff - I hope it's working as it should! (Thanks, Angela!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Anne,

My name is Marie Jacqmin, I’m an editor for the Belgian national television.

In the frame of making a filmed documentary, we have started a worldwide search for individuals born on very specific dates. Our goal is to obtain the largest panel of people possible i.e. diversity of nationalities, ethnicities, social backgrounds, professions, faith, etc.

The idea behind this documentary is to film lives in parallel from people who have nothing in common but their date of birth.

You could see it as an attempt to answer the question: “what would my life be if I was born in another part of the world?”

We selected some interesting people here in Belgium and we are looking for their “Birthday twins” world wide.



Our research goes via embassies, newspapers, humanitarian organizations, Internet, etc.



While searching for March 26 1975 on the internet, we found your records on your blog.
This occurs to be one of the dates we are looking for.



People from more than 30 different countries are already participating to this documentary, you can have an idea of it by searching “birthday twins” on google (you’ll have access to a lot of articles in the international press about the project).

Our company name is Woestijnvis; please feel free to have a look at: www.woestijnvis.be



If you are interested by this documentary project and wish to know more about it, please contact us at:

twins@docfish.be



In the hope to read you soon,



Kindest regards,



Marie Jacqmin

Editor

Birthday Twins Project

Woestijnvis NV

Harensesteenweg 228

1800 Vilvoorde

Belgium

marie.jacqmin@woestijnvis.be

twins@docfish.be

Phone : 00 32 2 303 35 87

Anonymous said...

Startitis is a bad disease... ;)

And regarding your comment in my blog: I will keep you in mind as I am quite sure that I could use one pair of stitching hands. :)