14 April 2010

Facebookers anonymous

I have a confession to make: I once vowed I would NEVER join Facebook, simply because it suddenly was all over and "everyone" was connected online. I kinda like being anonymous online...

And what have I done? I joined for the sole purpose of perhaps being one of ten movie ticket winners! I sold out too easily.
The thing is, I kinda like it. I get to see what my school mates are up to, even if we don't see eachother right now, and I have found a lot of my long lost high school friends. I haven't decided what to do with that knowledge yet though - do they even want to know what's happening in my life right now? Or is it the other way around, that we will once again feel that little bond, just because we know what's going on in eachother's lives? You know how it is, after graduation everyone says that they will never forget eachother and we must keep in touch, and here I am 18 years (!) later and haven't even tried remembering them at all. A lot of those old memories are better forgotten - will it all come back if we friend eachother? I'm not sure I want that, but it sure is interesting to see what became of them! One of my friends, who dreamt of being a clown when she grew up, is actually working on her masters in some technology-thing and I am seriously impressed. She doesn't look at all like I remembered her either (she's drop dead gorgeous now).

So, my question is: will it be like a permanent reunion, where everyone try to be the best they can to impress their old friends (one of my ex-boyfriends is on Facebook, and he is seriously working that bit) - or it will be more relaxed, like a fun garden party where there are no drunken mistakes and everyone is happy to see you?

No comments: