04 June 2007

Decisions, decisions...

OK, so it's time to decide what to do with my future, and I've gotten a little more info on what's to come at work, so the decisions wasn't that hard after all.
I'll take their offer to continue working here until christmas, and then I may or may not (depending on work) start my studies in January 2008 in stead. They really don't want to lose me NOW, but they can't promise that my job will exist for an entire year... It's a good thing I've already thought of studying, or I think I would panic! Being unemployed really isn't my cup of tea, I hated every second of it; even though it was rather nice getting to sleep in every day I got so lazy and bored I could hardly clean the house when I was alone...

I'm definitely going to start studying, the only question is WHEN. If it weren't for our financial situation, I would start this fall, but there's a house to paint, a garage door to change and a bathroom to pay for...

Speaking of the house, I went on a real roadtrip on saturday - I picked up a small trailer and headed for a place I'd never been before to pick up some timber for our house. (We have to change some of the wall boards - they've gotten mushy!) Got a printed map from the internet from the guy who'd sold us the boards, got in the car and drove off. My father in law was with me to read the map, but the only problem was - the map didn't show any of the important pieces! So we headed out north where we should've headed south, and ended up with a 60 km round trip in Dalsland (our area). Thank goodness the weather was good! It was kind of nice, but a lot of time was spent there that could've been spent taking down the old boards... Lesson learnt? Always check the map on the internet yourself or take someone with you who has just the slightest knowledge of the area...

No comments: